I am headed to TN to do a PD for Greeneville. I am looking forward to sharing some of these resources with them on Tuesday. Here they are for all of you!
- DEAM Calendar (January 2017)
- Give this (deam-jan-2017) to students and encourage them to be active at home!
- Slam Ball
- Thinking of submitting this for an OPEN 60+ After School Activity. Please try it and let me know how it can be better.
- 1 hoop AND 1 ball per two (or four) players
- Two players stand on opposite sides of a hoop at least one step away. If sharing a hoop, two other players can stand perpendicular at the same hoop. One player starts holding the ball.
- The first player throws the ball into the hoop. The second player attempts to catch it.
- If sharing a hoop with 4 players and the two balls collide, this is a ‘slam’ and the two players that threw the ball switch opponents.
- Ball does not hit inside the hoop (point for receiving player)
- Ball hits inside hoop, but does not bounce at least 1 step away from hoop (point for receiving player)
- Ball hits inside hoop and bounces over the head of the receiver (point for receiving player)
- Ball is not successfully caught by receiving player (point for serving player)
- OPENphysed Tag of the Month
- Research on Physical Activity and Academic Achievement
- Check this link out: http://www.supportrealteachers.org/research-articles-on-physical-activity–academic-achievement.html
- Here is the agenda from my PD in Greeneville, TN: handout-1-2017
My students love slam ball. I play using tables as well. Also, passed out your January calendar. Students are excited. Thanks for the resource. Will you have a Feb. Calendar as well?
I LOVE that your students love Slam Ball. It will be added to OPEN soon, which will allow more teachers to learn how to play!
I will be posting a February calendar next week. I will also have a word version to allow for customization.
Thanks for sending a comment.