I recently attended and presented at a conference centered around innovation in health and physical education. It was sponsored by PSAHPERD. Here’s my Top 5…
1) Starting the Day
- The first thing we did was an all-conference workout with @PLYOGAFitness, which incorporated plyometric intervals with yoga as an active recovery.
- A quick video on Twitter from @PSAHPERD
2) The Keynote
- The keynote @csmith23 did a great job relating how innovation impacts education as a whole. Among other things, he played a video that made me laugh. Apparently it has been around for awhile, but this was the first time I have seen it.
- Click here to see “Stuck on Elevator”
3) Functional Fitness Yoga
- Liz Burkhart (@Lizb033) was amazing! Her students are lucky to have someone that goes above and beyond to develop creative lessons. I loved the Glow Yoga!
- Her resume speaks for itself… High School PE Teacher, Adjunct Professor, VP of PE for PSAHPERD, President Elect for LLBAHPERD, SHAPE Eastern District & PSAHPERD TOY, Doctorate in Education. WOW!
- See a few pictures from her session
4) My Presentation
- I am honored whenever I have the opportunity to share some ideas to other passionate physical education professionals. I am always humbled when people actually show up to my sessions. I can’t put into words how much I appreciate the support and participation from participants.
- Here is a link to my PowerPoint
5) Shout out to PSAHPERD
- Thank you Todd Beddard (@tb2boyz) and Jessica Peconi-Cook (@PeconiCooks) for inviting me to present. You two (with the help of those around you) are having a tremendous impact on the state of Pennsylvania.
- I am looking forward to the state conference where George Couros, Author of the Innovators Mindset, will keynote. I am about halfway through the book!
- To see George Couros TEDx click here