I meant to get this post out sooner, but time flies. I can’t believe April is almost over!
1) May DEAM Calendar
- Here is the Drop Everything And Move calendar for May that you can distribute to students to encourage them to be active at home.
- Link: https://goo.gl/6T7aGf
2) OPEN Highlight
- The latest OPEN Module was launched this week. This module provides a developmentally appropriate lead-up to net games like pickleball and badminton.
3) Free Trip to Nashville
- The next SHAPE America Convention will be held in Nashville, Tennessee in March 2018. OPENphysed is giving you the chance to win a free trip to this amazing professional development opportunity. The link below highlights specific details.
4) Book Recommendation
- I am reading “Drive” by Daniel H. Pink. The book was recommended to me by Todd Bedard (@tb2boyz). Todd is the president of PSAHPERD and he has been working tirelessly to empower others to be innovative in their approach to promote quality health and physical education. I am looking forward to the upcoming conference (details below).
5) Speak Out Day
- I spent part of the week in DC advocating on Capitol Hill to advocate for ESSA to be fully funded. I was joined by the largest turnout ever, with 45 states represented. The link below has a variety of resources that we distributed to our representatives.
- If you did not go, you can still help. Use the link below to access state-specific resources to guide you through the process of becoming a health and physical education advocate.
- Use the link below to send a letter to your legislators.