There are so many great things happening during the month of May. Here are my TOP 5:
1) May DEAM (Elementary)
- I encourage you to print copies of the calendar and distribute to students to encourage them to be more activeat home.
2) May DEAM (Early Childhood)
- This version of DEAM is for younger children. Please consider passing this along to the preschool or primary-level teachers that you know.
3) National PE Week
- May 1-7 is National Physical Education and Sport Week
- Celebrate the great things in our field.
- Follow #BigFeats on social media.
- Link with Details
All K-12 classroom teachers are invited to participate in the #ActiveClassrooms Campaign. Active classrooms help teachers to teach and students to learn – Active Kids Learn Better! For more information, visit the Active School Website.
Teachers that register by May 4th will be eligible for prizes totally over $13,000! It’s free and quick (takes 1 minute). Use this link to register.
Just in case you haven’t already heard, OPEN recently launched an “Active Classroom” Module. Be sure to check it out if you haven’t done so already!
5) Cinco de Mayo
- I decided this blog can’t just be about “work-related” stuff.
- I am a foodie! I enjoy all types of food, but Mexican is definitely a favorite.
- I also like to cook and posted a recipe on All Recipes for “Fiesta Bean Salsa.” Please try it out and let me know what you think.
- For some History about why this holiday is celebrated, click here.